There seems a war going on between 3 wordpress plugins for SEO in :
- all in one seo plugin
- platinum seo plugin
This plugin allow fine grained control over your SEO but i found it too much complicated because it lacks a decent tutorial or documentation.
After installation make sure that your theme in header.php uses wp_title(”); instead of wp_title(); and there is no more title mangling.
In “Settings > Headspace” you can configure it.
First configure the “Page Modules” page:
- drag “Keywords” in the “Simple” green area, edit and enable the “Use tags” option;
- drag and enable “More text”, ”Follow Links” and “Meta Robots” into the advanced blue area;
The configure the “Site Modules” page:
- enable”Google Analytics if you need it and configure it;
- enable”Google section targetting if your theme does not support it;
Finally you can control the plugin behavios thru “Page settings” page:
- in “Global settings”
- configure your follow/nofollow policies
- set your default page title to %%title%% – Blog title
- in “Home page” and “Front page” set both to the Blog Title
- in “Categories” sets %%category%% – Blog title
- in “Tag Pages sets %%tags%% – Blog title
- in “Archives” sets Blog title Archives – %%page%%
- in Post and Pages i set %%page%% – %%category%% – Blog Title
- also set the “no-index” and “no-follow” checkbox options to all the pages you wish, for example: tag, archive, search, category, author, etc.
Platinum SEO pack
This plugin seems a clone of the “all in one”.
All in one SEO pack
My personal taste is to use %category_title% between the post/page and the blog title.
I also allow indexing of category page bacause i short them by displaing a summary of the articles.
wordpress SEO plugins: reviews to choose the best,